I need to apply MyCorrPlus each year?
A: It is beneficial to put out at least 10 ounces of MyCorrPlus A each year to help maintain soil balance for organic soils, but 20 ounces is needed for non-organic farms. Chemical fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc. are detrimental to the soil, but MyCorrPlus can help to restore balance to the soil.
I need to apply MyCorrPlus after every cutting of hay?
A: That is up to you. If you want to really boost yields, an additional 10 to 20 ounces of GPB-A may be applied immediately after each cutting. Perhaps a better option is to wait 7 to 10 days after each cutting and apply a quart of MyCorrPlus C foliar.
have almost no top soil. Will MyCorrPlus help?
A: Even the poorest soils contain good amounts of calcium, phosphorus and potassium, though they may not be available to the plant. When all top soil is gone, it is best to apply 20 to 40 ounces of MyCorrPlus A per acre to help initiate soil building. The bacterial action is what is needed to highly structure the soil and initiate soil building.
forms of nitrogen are the most compatible with MyCorrPlus?
A: 28% and 32% are the two forms of nitrogen that may be mixed with MyCorrPlus. Pour your MyCorrPlus into the tank first, add any water that is needed, then add in the nitrogen.
can't afford MyCorrPlus.
A: Good news! We have an application for every budget.
microbes does MyCorrPlus have?
A: MyCorrPlus has a predominance of fungi, more than 70 aerobic bacillus species, mycorrhizal fungi, plus other beneficial microbes. However, MyCorrPlus isn't a biological. It is a bio-stimulant. It is a wonderful food source that gets our great biological package established in the soil.
Q: My ground is
dry. Can I still apply MyCorrPlus?
A: When the ground is dry, it is best to try to apply MyCorrPlus just before a rain. Use at least a 20 gal./acre tank mix (more is better) to supply enough water to carry MyCorrPlus down out of direct sunlight. That way, even if you don't get the expected rain, the microbes in MyCorrPlus will not be harmed as you wait for some rain to activate it.
Another option is to disk in your MyCorrPlus. Disking 1 to 2 inches deep is optimal, but up to 4" is ok.
containers of MyCorrPlus seem to be bloating. What should I do?
A: MyCorrPlus is alive with beneficial bacteria and fungi. Because of this, and especially in warmer storage conditions, it is best to loosen the lid and allow gas to vent. Failure to do so might result in the pressurization and rupturing of the container.
quickly will MyCorrPlus begin working?
A: MyCorrPlus needs two things to activate it. It needs 1.1" or more of moisture and as little as 1/20th of an inch of rain to carry it down into the soil. The moisture gives the bacteria what they need to proliferate.
MyCorrPlus also needs a soil temperature of 40 to 45 degrees F for proper activation. Once activated, it goes to work immediately to improve soil tilth and increase the soil's ability to hold moisture. Within as little as a month you might notice that rain soaks in better, and within a few months the results can be quite remarkable.
is the best time to apply MyCorrPlus?
A: Spring, summer, fall or winter (as long as the soil is permiable). Get it on as soon as possible so that it can get started in transforming your soil. Our Application Guideline sheet will tell you more.
Q: Once I apply
a herbicide, pesticide, fungicide or
insecticide, how long should I wait before I can make an application
A: Three days, unless it has rained after the chemical application, in which case it is best to wait at least 2 days. If you put on a heavy application of NPK, lime or other chemical fertilizer, it is best to wait a full two weeks before applying MyCorrPlus.
are rock-like crystals in the bottom of the jug. What should I do?
A: It is not unusual to find crystals in the bottom of the jug. MyCorrPlus is a super concentrated liquid, and over time or if it is exposed to cold temperatures, some mineral (mostly magnesium chloride and potassium chloride) will fall out of solution and solidify as crystals.
If this happens, you can usually just dump them right in the spray tank and they will re-dissolve back into solution. Another option is to just throw them out on the field, yard or garden.
if MyCorrPlus doesn't work?
A: If MyCorrPlus doesn't seem to work, please use the following to troubleshoot the problem:
· Did the person assigned to apply/use the product do so? We had one instance of the owner assigning an employee the job of applying our product. The owner complained our product didn’t work! We found the product still sitting in the storage shed. It had not been applied by the employee.
· Did they apply the product correctly? If our application guidelines are followed, it all but insures that MyCorrPlus will work correctly.
· Were any other products added after applying GPB? Our instructions say that most all other products should not be added in to the same tank mix with MyCorrPlus. They will reduce its effectiveness. If approved products are being mixed into the tank, please be sure to follow the procedure for doing so as outlined in the instructions.
· Have you given MyCorrPlus A adequate time to work? As mentioned above, MyCorrPlus works by transforming the soil. This is a work that takes some time before results become evident. The good news is, GPB has the potential to continue improving the soil year by year, so that better and better results are seen. A farmer in Oregon has used Soil Balance for 8 years. His organic matter was at 0.4%, but it has increased by 0.5% each year, so that after 8 years it has reached 4.7%! Give GPB some time, and you will LOVE the results!
· Was MyCorrPlus properly stored? It should not be stored in the sun or in temperatures above 100 degrees, or in freezing temperatures. Freezing temperatures will not hurt our bacteria, but they will cause minerals to fall out of solution.
· What product(s) have you used for weed and/or insect control previously? We had a grower with so much carry-over from the chemical he used previously that it appeared no MyCorrPlus had been applied. He had to apply extra Soil Balance to overcome the carry-over of chemicals, but after doing so he had an excellent harvest with yield exceeding any previous years.